Would you date a vampire or a werewolf? Perhaps, you don’t mind going out with a ghost. They may be dead, but they’ll be by your side for all eternity.
The paranormal romance genre is filled with so many monsters and ghouls who may be your ideal fantasy partner. Which monster romance do you prefer?
If You Prefer Bigfoot…
Bigfoot and the Librarian (Mystic Springs #1) by Linda Winstead Jones
Quick Summary: Marnie swears she spotted bigfoot crossed her path late one night. Things have been weird ever since she moved to Mystic Springs, Alabama. The town’s handsome writer Clint Maxwell might have a part in it.
- Bigfoot by E.M. Leya *LGBT*
- Hagen (Big #1) by Janice M. Whiteaker
- Satisfying Bigfoot’s Nightly Desires (Satisfying Bigfoot #1) by Layla Sparks *erotica*
- The Bigfoot’s Mate by Delaney Rain *LGBT erotica*
If You Prefer Demons…
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica #1) by Larissa Ione
Quick Summary: Demon slayer Tayla has a serious problem. She’s in crossroads between her loyalty to her fellow slayers and her growing passion for Eidolon, the demon who saved her life. Which path will she choose?
- Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1) by Larissa Ione
- Burn (The Dark in You #1) by Suzanne Wright
- A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell #1) by Eve Langlais
- The Demon’s Librarian by Lilith Saintcrow
If You Prefer Frankenstein’s Monster…
Heart of Frankenstein by Lexi Post
Quick Summary: Angela Ellis falls in love with a silent giant in the Alaskan wilderness, not knowing the centuries-old secrets he carries.
- Beloved Monster (The Ravenswood Chronicles #1) by Karyn Gerrard
- Frankenstein: Unleashed by T.K. Hardin
- The Monster’s Mate by Faeryn Myx *erotica*
- Offered to Frankenstein (The Monster Mash Me #1) by Jasmine Rose *erotica*
If You Prefer Ghosts…
Ghost Walk by Cassandra Gannon
Quick Summary: Who framed Captain James Riordan? Crime investigator Grace Rivera helps the unfortunate spirit solve the mystery, and they fall in love in the process.
- The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove #1) by Jaclyn Osborn *LGBT*
- The Ghost of Squire House by Joanne Pence
- A Highland Ghost for Christmas (Gambling Ghosts #1) by Jo-Ann Carson
- Hot Ghost by Annika Martin
If You Prefer Minotaurs…
The Minotaur’s Kiss by Erin St. Charles
Quick Summary: Social worker Diana Miller’s one-night stand turns out to be more after discovering her former bedmate is a clingy shapeshifter. Mac Bodie thought one night with Diana would be enough. Now, he will do anything to get her back.
- Claimed by the Rebel Minotaur by Skye Archer *erotica*
- Her Mistletoe Minotaur (A Very Alpha Christmas #1) by Erin St. Charles
- A Mate for the Minotaur (The Mythic Tales: The Prophecies #1) by Petra Cor *erotica*
- Minotaur: Blooded (The Bestial Tribe #1) by Naomi Lucas
If You Prefer Orcs…
The Lady and the Orc (Orc Sworn #1) by Finley Fenn
Quick Summary: Trapped in a cold marriage, Lady Norr finds new romance (and borderline lust) for the infamous Orc captain Grimarr.
- Enthralling the Orc (The Perished Woods #2) by Tracy Lauren
- The Orc Wife (Monsterly Yours #1) by S. J Sanders
- Seven Days by Sam Stark *LGBT*
- Sold to the Orc (Orc Brides #1) by Tara Phillips *erotica*
If You Prefer Scarecrows…
Scarecrow (Dark Fairy Tales #1) by S. Cinders
Quick Summary: A steamy, dark retelling of the Wizard of the Oz starring Indi, wicked witch of the East, and an incredibly hot scarecrow.
- Halloween Magic: The Scarecrow that Took Me by Luna Rabbit *erotica*
- The Scarecrow and Ms. Moon by Barbara Ruffin
- Tricks and Treats by Moira Carmel *erotica*
- Very Bad Wizards (The Wicked Wizards of Oz #1) by C.M. Stunich
If You Prefer Trolls
The Lonely Troll (Monster Romance #1) by Harpie Alexander
Quick Summary: Delilah flees her village to avoid execution only to run into Skarde the troll. Any human who lays eyes on a troll must die. For once, Skarde changes his mind as he grows new feelings for Delilah.
- Shifting for Love by Leah Grant
- Tamed by the Troll (The Perished Woods #1) by Tracy Lauren
- Toll for the Troll (Toll for the Troll #1) by Tessa Drake *erotica*
- The Troll Bride (Monsterly Yours #2) by S.J. Sanders
If You Prefer Vampires…
Runaway Vampire (Argeneau Vampire #23) by Lynsay Sands
Quick Summary: Widower Mary winds up accidentally running over a naked man with her RV. Dante has escaped from his kidnappers, and he needs Mary’s help. He realizes a freak RV accident has led him to his fated life mate.
- Dark Prince (The ‘Dark” Carpathian #1) by Christine Feehan
- Midnight Echoes (Immortal Ops: Crimson Ops #1) by Mandy M. Roth
- Raphael (Vampires in America #1) by D.B. Reynolds
- Wicked Nights (Castle of Dark Dreams #1) by Nina Bangs
If You Prefer Werewolves…
Taken by Werewolves (The Lost Princess of Howling Sky #1) by Kestra Pingree
Quick Summary: Sorissa is snatched from kingdom to kingdom amid a centuries-old war between vampires, werewolves, and humans. She doesn’t believe she’s the Lost Princess of Howling Sky. However, taken into a castle by four handsome werewolf princes changes her mind.
- Escaping Monsters (Grayhaven #1) by Rita Stradling & Alexa B. James
- Fated Magic (Claimed by Wolves #1) by Callie Rose
- Rejected (Shadow Best Shifters #1) by Jaymin Eve
- Shift (Southern Werewolves #1) by Heather MacKinnon
Who’s your favorite monster boyfriend? Comment below!
Craving more posts? Read: