Don’t know which romance novel to read next? I understand. I’ve been through the same situation.
Amazon is my haven when it comes to finding the next book to read. Since I’ve been on the site constantly, I’ve noticed some trending romance tropes repeatedly popping up on the pages.
In case you have no clue what to read next, here are some trending romance tropes that may help you out:
1. Alien Warriors
Who’s in the mood for some hulking handsome alien warriors? You, perhaps? You can spot these books from a mile away. They often have a cover with some colorful man’s abs (lol) set in front of a galaxy background. If sci-fi romances are your thing, take an alien warrior home with you.
- Abducted by the Warrior Prince (Lunarian Warriors #1) by Roxie Ray
- Alien Wanted (Zyanthan Warrior #1) by Julie K. Cohen
- Alien Warrior’s Captive Bride (Draconian Warriors #1) by Juno Wells
- The Alien Warrior’s Mate (Plutonian Warriors #1) by Nelia Alarcon
- Bounty (Barbarians of the Sand Planet #1) by Tana Stone
- Taken by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #1) by Hope Hart
2. Alpha Males
There’s something about powerful, overprotective males that gets readers’ attention. They come in all shapes and forms: cops, firefighters, bodyguards, military, and even your friendly (and single) next-door neighbors. If you’re looking for more alpha males in your life, these books are for you.
- Alpha Prince (Twisted Royals #1) by Sidney Bristol
- Baby for the Lumberjack by Melinda Jenkins
- Love in the Darkness by Haley Travis
- Loving You (Alpha Hero #1) by Hope Ford
- On The Edge by Darcia Cobbler
- Scandalous (The Alpha Bodyguard #1) by Sybil Bartel
3. Big Beautiful Women (BBW)
How come skinny women get all the fun? Big girls deserve some love too!
You may have come across some romance titles with “BBW” on the cover. This stands for “Big, Beautiful Woman.” In other books, they’re simply called “curvy.” It’s about time they had their own happily ever after.
- Chubby and Charming (Big and Beautiful #1) by Mary E. Thompson
- His Fake Fiancee (Fake It For Me #1) by Fiona Murphy
- Mason (King’s Cops #1) by Sadie King
- Mine for the Holidays by Megan Wade
- More Than Cake by Tan Hanes
- Weekend Boyfriend by Violet Theron
I think Fifty Shades of Grey is responsible for the explosion of billionaire romances out today. At least the book gave aspiring authors some motivation. If billionaires are your thing, you are happily covered.
- Beauty and the Billionaire (A Dirty Fairy Tale #1) by Lauren Landish
- The Billionaire Board (Beguiling a Billionaire #1) by Lark Anderson
- The Billionaire’s Trust (Covington Billionaires #1) by Erin Swann
- Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy #1) by Megan March
- Nurse’s Date with a Billionaire (Billionaire Date #1) by Amelia Addler
- The Stopover (The Miles High Club #1) by T.L. Swann
5. Black Women, White Men (BWWM)
While diverse romances are steadily rising, I have noticed a huge jump of “Black Women, White Men” (BWWM) books since I’ve been around the romance community. Love knows no racial boundaries.
- Carwrecked by Francesca Penn
- Die for You (MacKenzie Scottish Crime Family #1) by Amarie Avant
- Dipping into Sin (Dipping Into Sin #1) by D.J. Parker
- Rapture by Perri Forrest
- Tease by Camilla Stevens
- Where Love is Found by Tiya Rayne
6. Bully Romance
Now, we all know bully sucks major balls. These books (as far as I know) are not supporting bullying in any sort of way. It’s more like “enemies-to-lovers” type of romances. Honestly, I haven’t read any (yet), but it’s big on Amazon.
- Bully (The Fall Away #1) by Penelope Douglas
- Bully King (Kings of High Court College #1) by J.A. Huss
- Hate Me by A. Jade
- Lords of Pain (Royals of Forsyth University #1) by Angel Lawson and Samantha Rae
- Raise Hell (Vengeance is Mine #1) by Ashley Gee
- When Sinners Play (Sinners of Hawthorne University #1) by Eva Ashwood
7. Dark Romance
Dark romances are not your typical, happy fairy tale romances. They deal with darker themes like kidnapping, anti-heroes, and whatnot. Fortunately, I’ve read one before, and it’s not so intimidating as I thought it would be.
- Crash (Crash #1) by Drew Jordan
- Dark Wish by Clarissa Wilde
- Dynasty (Boys of Winter #1) by Sheridan Anne
- The Faceless by K.B. Everly
- The Hate Vow by C. Hallman
- Taken by the Bratva (Bratva Brotherhood #5) by Bianca Cole
8. Fake Relationships
You’re invited to your sister’s wedding. You know your family is going to be asking you questions about your future marriage. Bring a fake “significant other” just in case. Don’t you love those kinds of stories? There are plenty out there online.
- Accidental Love (Fake Marriage #1) by Ajme Williams
- Fake It ‘Til You Break It by Meagan Brandy
- Just One Fake Date (Flatiron Five Fitness #1) by Deborah Cooke
- The Marriage with the Cowboy (A Fake Marriage #1) by Anne-Marie Meyer
- Reputation by Dr. Rebecca Sharp
- You’re the One (Very Irresistible Bachelors #1) by Layla Hagen
9. Mafia Men
Russian mafias, Italian mafias, you don’t care as long they’re hot, right? Fortunately, the mafia romance genre is a popular choice on Amazon. They have all kinds to sate your reading pleasures. If you’re curious, alien mafia romances do exist!
- Bedding the Enemy by LaQuette
- Corrupted Angel (Belluci Mafia #1) by Nicole Fox
- Dark Russian Angel (Vancouver Mafia Romance #1) by Odette Stone
- Fated Mate Tamed (Vostra Crime Lords #1) by Luna Voss
- Mafia Prince (Young Irish Rebels #1) by Vi Carter
- Samurai (The Miyamoto Mafia #1) by Jamila Jesper
10. Monster Romance
Human lovers? Boring! Where are the hunky centaurs and orcs?
If the same old love stories with humans falling in love bore you to death, monster romances may be your preference.
- The Centaur’s Bride by Tamsin Ley
- The Lady and the Orc (Orc Sworn #1) by Finley Fenn
- Satisfying Bigfoot’s Nightly Desires (Satisfying Bigfoot #1) by Layla Sparks
- Tamed by the Troll (The Perished Woods #1) by Tracy Lauren
- To Touch a Dragon (Tropical Dragons #1) by Naomi Lucca
- Werewolves are the Worst (Meet Cute with Monsters #1) by Gemma Cates
The omegaverse features three types of people: Alphas, Betas, and Omegas. Alphas are the dominant ones, betas are in the middle, and omegas are usually the alpha’s mates. The omegaverse features characters with a more animalistic nature. You got your clans, mating seasons, and whatnot. In certain LGBT omegaverses, male omegas do get pregnant. It’s quite an interesting world.
- Alpha Breeds (Alpha Horde #1) by Milana Jacks
- Intrusion by Liliana Carlisle
- Of Iron and Gold (The Kingdoms of Gyldren #1) by Lexa Luthor
- Primal Possession (Alphas of Sandor #1) by Tabitha Black
- Rogue Wolves Prison by Cara Wylde and Eva Brandt
- Uncaged (The Uncaged #1) by Amber Ella Monroe
12. Paranormal Academies
What’s with the rise of paranormal academy genre? I’ve seen them a lot on Amazon. Is it because of Harry Potter or Lev Grossman’s The Magicians? Who knows.
No matter, I found plenty of books in this genre I’m putting in my TBR pile.
- Academy Obscura: The Flame Within (Academy Obscura #1) by Cassia Briar
- Captured (Royals of the Sanguine Vampire Academy #1) by Sofia Daniel
- Fae Trials (Royal Fae Academy #1) by Sofia Daniel
- Fallen University (Fallen University #1) by Callie Rose
- Silvermoon Academy (Silvermoon Academy #1) by Storm Song
- Upended Life (Artemis University #1) by Erin R. Flynn
Regency romances have been around since…forever, right? They dominate the romance novel world and they’re not dying off anytime soon. If you’re looking for romances with Bridgerton vibes, regency romances are the books right up your alley.
- The Beast of Beswick (The Regency Rogues #1) by Amalie Howard
- Bridgerton: The Duke & I (Bridgertons #1) by Julia Quinn
- Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels #1) by Lisa Kleypas
- The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke #1) by Tessa Dare
- In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London #1) by Christi Caldwell
- My Darling Duke (The Sinful Wallflowers #1) by Stacy Reid
14. Reverse Harem
What’s wrong with having a happily ever after with more than one guy? Looks like you’re the reverse harem type. Don’t worry, it’s a perfectly legal fantasy. However, Stephanie Brother’s 10 Men is the first reverse harem I’ve seen with the protagonist is involved with 10 men. Like, whoa, hold on.
- 10 Men (HUGE #7) by Stephanie Brother
- Becoming (Mountain Magic #1) by Dakota Brown
- Broke Down by Sharan Daire
- My Four Sea Men (Fated Sea Mates #1) by Laura Wylde
- Reunion (Nadia’s Boys #1) by Alyssa Clark
- Shadowed Heart (A Death So Sweet #1) by Candance Wondrak
There’s something about Scottish highlanders in their kilts wielding massive swords that make readers go ga-ga. If you’re an avid Scotsman romance reader, you’re in luck. Those books are everywhere!
- An English Bride in Scotland (Highland Brides #1) by Lynsay Sands
- It’s Getting Scot in Here (Wild Wicked Highlanders #1) by Suzanne Enoch
- Kaitlyn and the Highlander (Kaitlyn and the Highlander #1) by Diana Knightley
- The MacKinnon’s Bride (The Highland Brides #1) by Tanya Anne Crosby
- The Making of a Highlander (Midnight in Scotland #1) by Elisa Braden
- The Secret (Highlands’ Lairds #1) by Julie Garwood
Shifter romances be praised! They’ve been around as long I’ve been reading romance novels. There are more shifter stories besides your common wolves and bears. I’ve seen cougars, gorillas, and even koalas. The shifter romance community can be a wild place (no pun intended).
- Alpha’s Moon (Shifter Ops #1) by Renee Rose and Lee Savino
- Claimed by the Cougar (Cougar Creek Mates #1) by Felicity Heaton
- Cole (Keepers of the Lake #1) by Emilia Hartley
- Lure of the Dragon (Aloha Shifters: Jewels of the Heart #1) by Anna Lowe
- Sold to the Alpha (Alma-Venus Shifter Brides #1) by Cara Wylde
- Zane (Were Zoo #1) by R.E. Butler
Which trending romances have you found on Amazon? Which ones are your favorite? Let me know down in the comments below!
Like posts like this? There’s more:
- 10 Romance Books Set in Hawaii For Your Getaway
- 11 Pirate Romance Series for Pirate Lovers Who Can’t Get Enough
- 26 Aussie Romance Novels for Your Reading Pleasure
- “The Faceless” by K.B. Everly (review)
- “Satisfying Bigfoot’s Nightly Desires” by Layla Sparks (review)
- Which Monster Romance Do You Prefer?
(Book covers: Amazon)